Recent Antique Finds

Heather Bullard | Guest Bedroom

Recently I was able to hit the flea market with my neighbor. She’s new at the treasure hunting game but has certainly caught the bug. It’s nice to have someone close by who will also get up at o’dawn hundred to make the trek with the only guarantee being hot coffee. Because as we all know it can be hit or miss at the flea.

One of the items I found was this metal vase with perfect patina for our guest room. Fortunately my neighbor also let me pick flowers since our gardens are pitiful right now. I’ve actually been buying vases whenever they catch my eye because it’s the one prop item I’m constantly having to source or ship from my inventory. So I’m happily stocking up in that department. Here are the other finds that came home with me….

Heather Bullard | Antique Finds

A pretty Turkish towel because once I incorporate them in a photoshoot I try not to repeat the same towel in another. Hashtag – never enough. I thought the square shaped wood bowl was unusual and would make for a nice mix in my styling work. The African coil basket will be used for tortilla chips or bread and the batik fabric is for an upholstery project. I love, love when I find it in grey! The small antique mirror will most likely be propped on a shelf or hung in a closet or bath. There are plenty of places a little guy like that would work.

Heather Bullard | French Copper Preserve Pan

My favorite find was this vintage French copper preserve pan. I recently bought a new one from E. Dehellerin the last time I was in Paris and was perfectly happy with it until I saw this vintage beauty. With summer fruit and veggie season fast approaching I’m sure I’ll be able to use both. I think I’ll invite a few friends over and have a jam party. If you are in the market for a vintage one you can find them here or new I’d pick this perfect French one.

Heather Bullard | Antique Finds

Thought it might be nice to share a breakdown of what I spent. Because sometimes I’m curious too!

• Metal patina vase – 10.00
  • Turkish towel – 20.00
  • Square wood bowl – 2.00!
  • African coil basket – 15.00
  • Grey batik fabric – 65.00
  • French copper preserve pan – 80.00
  • Small wood mirror – 10.00

Not a bad morning at the flea. I actually went looking for art and leather chairs (which obviously didn’t happen) but still felt I ended on a good note. And there’s always next month! Have you scored anything amazing lately?

PS. Here are a few sources from our guest room in case you were wondering: Drapery hardware, linen panels, Amsterdam map, brass floor lamp, jar candle, chair and ottoman from HomeGoods, my husband made the table, everything else – antique shop or flea market finds.

Between posts you can find me on Instagram sharing highlights of daily life.
If you’d like new posts delivered to your inbox you may subscribe here.

• katey

That copper pan will make any jam extra sweet! I have been trying to get my inventory down so have been saying no to estate sales but last week there was one just down the street. I had to pop in! I found the sweetest things and now I’m off the wagon or is it on the wagon… either way I see more estate sales in my future. My favorite find was actually not a find at all. A little gentleman shopper noticed I was collecting up some vintage sewing notions and while in line to purchase them, he came up and handed me a leather wrapped sewing kit that he had spotted and thought I would want to buy it. His name was Tom. He told me he collected rocks and Huntsville memorabilia. Isn’t that the sweetest. Katey

April 5, 2017 at 8:58 am Reply

What a great story! Officially I think you’re off the wagon but don’t worry, I’m right there with you!

April 5, 2017 at 10:51 am Reply
  • Julie Blanner

So many beautiful finds! I can’t get over how beautiful that copper pan is, and that little square wooden bowl for $2.00?!? Amazing.

April 5, 2017 at 1:46 pm Reply

I know, right?! Hard to even bargain with that price. Now only to wait for berry season so I can use my pan. 🙂

April 5, 2017 at 3:12 pm Reply
  • Jane

These are the sort of things I eat up at sales. I absolutely love the berry pan, and the other items you chose have a wood theme for the most part…I’m so into natural or stained wood of late. Paint has sort of run its course with me. 😉
    Unfortunately we have to wait until the weather warms up for the good estate and yard sales.

Jane x

April 5, 2017 at 5:50 pm Reply

I’m with you on natural wood. So glad to see it being embraced by others.
      Hope it warms up soon in your area so you can get out and hit the flea! Happy Spring! 🙂

April 5, 2017 at 5:59 pm Reply
  • Tami

I’ve been going to sales for years and years, my house is filled with memories of all the adventures I went on with dear friends. It makes for a very happy house!

April 5, 2017 at 9:47 pm Reply

Couldn’t agree more! 🙂

April 6, 2017 at 7:02 am Reply
  • Kelly

Lovely finds. Don’t you just love .e-dehillerin for kichen copper? I could soend hours in that shop!!!

April 6, 2017 at 4:39 am Reply

Me too! Although it is a bit claustrophobic. 😉 I treasure everything I’ve bought there over the years and try to stop whenever I’m in Paris.

April 6, 2017 at 7:05 am Reply

I love your treasures. Its always fun when you find some really great items for pennies on the dollar. Love the guest room table…you create such pretty vignettes.
    xo,

April 6, 2017 at 6:58 am Reply

One time I found a 3/4 carat old mine cut diamond ring for $1! Haven’t been able to beat that one since!

April 6, 2017 at 7:09 am Reply
  • Karen

Gosh, Heather…Everything you post is pure perfection! Thank you , thank you for the endless inspiration!
    Where did you get the gallery style frame for your Amsterdam print?
    Love it all!!

April 23, 2017 at 10:33 am Reply

Thanks, Karen! It’s from Ikea. The matting on their frames cut off portions of the artwork but I decided not to worry about trimming it. I like your idea of calling it a gallery style frame! 😉

April 24, 2017 at 8:40 am Reply
  • Joy Zaczyk

My best thrifting find bar none (at a yard sale, no less) was a vintage Louis Vuitton garment bag for $40 CAD! I haven’t topped that one yet….. 🙂

April 26, 2017 at 8:27 am Reply

Good grief, that’s an amazing find!

June 23, 2017 at 7:55 am Reply
  • Amanda Marshall

Heather, you would love Zagreb for the antique market alone! It’s small but I’ve bought so many copper pots – I got an entire set for $100 ! The other week I bought a set of four small ones for $10 each. It’s so fun seeing your great finds – antiquing is one of my favorite hobbies!

April 27, 2017 at 4:42 am Reply

Yours posts on Zagreb surely make me want to visit. What a deal on the copper pots!

June 23, 2017 at 7:56 am Reply
  • Amanda Marshall

ps. I still hope you’ll do a post on your photography/editing – it is perfection! 🙂

April 27, 2017 at 4:49 am Reply

Why thanks! I’ll add that to the “Post Ideas” notes. 🙂

June 23, 2017 at 7:57 am Reply
  • Miranda

Great finds! I love a good treasure hunt. 🙂

May 10, 2017 at 9:28 am Reply

Indeed! The thrill of the hunt is what keeps me going!

June 23, 2017 at 7:58 am Reply
  • Laura

Love you finds Heather!! Drooling over the berry pot …. my best find yo date..,, under a table in the driveway of a garage sale .. a Louis Vuitton bag …. 2.00 I still have butterflies in my stomach about it and that was 8 yrs ago ????

May 10, 2017 at 11:24 am Reply

You and Joy (above comment) have certainly got an eye for a deal…and a bit of luck on your side! 😉

June 23, 2017 at 7:58 am Reply
  • gabrielle mader

Love that copper pot!! I found a little copper pitcher at the Goodwill and I love it! Anytime you want to hit the Flea….I’d love to go with you! I have found Memories when we went a few years ago as a group! You have such an eye!

May 11, 2017 at 8:13 am Reply

Was it at the Rose Bowl with my friends Amy and Pam? That was fun! Maybe we need a repeat!

June 23, 2017 at 8:00 am Reply